We are currently seeking a Sheet Metal Mechanic, the ideal candidate will have an aptitude for the mechanical trades and will be experienced with the use of hand and power tools, able to utilize appropriate math skills (calculations, geometry, and cost estimates), able to read/use blueprints, and able to follow established safety rules and regulations to maintain a safe and clean environment.
Reads and studies blueprints, plans, and specifications of jobs to determine the proper type and amount of materials, tools, or metals needed
Measures, cuts, bends, and forms metal components to their precise shapes and fastens them into a finished product
Utilizes computer graphics and designing equipment as well as computer-aided cutting tools and metal bending machines
Calculates precision work using mathematics, physics, and geometrical equations
Utilizes tape measures, shears, saws, drills, and punches to cut metal parts without mechanical aids
Inspects and fabricates parts together using, nuts, bolts, rivets, screws, and clips or by welding or soldering
Transports, joins, and fastens parts to walls, floors, or ceilings using metal hangers
Utilizes hammers, punches, drills, and shears to make custom-fitted parts, either by altering shop made parts or creating custom-fit parts on site
Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Some technical experience or tech school desired
Three years of experience in residential and commercial sheet metal work
Able to read/use blueprints
Safety and customer service oriented
Strong multi-tasking capabilities
Job Type: Full-time
- Mechanical: 5 years
- Mechanic: 5 years
And a Metal Polisher/ Buffer
- 1-4 years metal finishing experience, preferably in the restaurant equipment industry
- Working with Stainless Steel /some understanding of metal properties
- Grind or clean weld joints of work piece
- Use disc angle grinder to remove welds on the work piece.
- Use disc grinder to smooth out or grind parts prior to shipping.
- Apply greaseless compounds to buffing wheels that are used for polishing component parts.
- Ability to lift repeatedly
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Good attention to detail, hand-eye coordination
- Ability to work well as a team member or independently.
Job Type: Full-time
- Etobicoke, ON
- High school or equivalent
- metal finishing: 2 years
- Grinding: 2 years
If you are interested in applying please email a copy of your resume to email@example.com or fax to 416-747-7365
Only qualified candidates will be contacted